My past life, it has never been as complicated as I made it out to be in my head. All of that doubt, the questions, the anxiety, stress and lack of confidence. For what?
At one point in my life, I slept away seven (7) continuous years in a deep depressive coma. I will never be able to emphasize this enough. 2,555 days. Over 61,300 hours. Poof. Gone. I have no physical memory of events, milestones or social anything. I gained weight, a lot, topped out at 297 pounds.
Things were not looking good. I needed a reboot.
I diagnosed the problems within and immediately started the massive undertaking of repairing and finding out what my life was all for.
Here I had traveled this unimaginable, dark journey. Today my outlook on the future is nothing short of amazing.
That ridiculously, uncomplicated past gave me perspective and that’s what I needed.
Today, I am the future I never knew would exist. A life of learning how to pull positives from pain, light from despair, and faith from the depths of my damaged core.
What does Greg bring to ALL ASAP COACHING?
I bring a depth of experience. I relate to a huge spectrum of issues that pain most. My coaching skills are always applied with a purpose. My clients usually don’t realize the transformation taking place until they recognize that ‘ah-ha’ moment. And I wouldn’t have it any other way.
My Values & Beliefs
Pride vs. Progress
Many people I run into throughout the day are verbal with their struggles but not active in their progress to remedy them. Examples are:
- Employees of stores I patron. (Under paid and overwhelmingly stressed.)
- People that know what their dream career is. (And are still working towards that career 15+ years into the process.)
- People wanting to make a difference in their community or work place but feel their voice won’t be heard. (So they remain quiet.)
- Bystanders watching others have the time of their life at an event. (Outwardly saying they could never be like them, inwardly wishing they could.)
- Those struggling to make incredibly tough life choices. (Only to go with what someone else has done in hopes it works out the same.)
- Having a fear of the unknown. (Keeping them from their greatest experiences.)
While I don’t disagree at that it takes tremendous strength and backbone to stand up to whatever holds us back from being the ‘real’ us. I’ve lived all of the above. I’ve experienced the lost energy, building stressors, tearful anxiety and the years lost. More importantly I’ve realized I have the power to never let these happen again. My progress means so much more than my pride.
Look at all of it...
I am a firm believer that if I cannot work an issue out, I just haven’t looked at the whole picture closely enough. There’s a solution and action to every issue. Sometimes, stepping back, taking a breath, calming the nerves and looking at things from a different angle is what’s needed to catch something we probably missed.
Issues vs. Problems
Roughly 95-98% of the things that trouble our lives are issues. Problems however, even tho only accounting for that remaining 2% can seem unbearable and no doubt life altering.
If you believe you have any unresolved issues, I encourage you to book a free evaluation ASAP, before any of your issues become problems.
My ‘Legacy’ Approach
As humans we should all be programmed with the essentials: A sense of morals, internal direction, the will to live, the ability to love, and if we’re lucky a sense of humor.
However, something that is frequently overlooked is the need to leave something behind. This could be for loved ones, community or even the history books.
While your legacy may not be in the form of millions of dollars or the direct cure to a devastating disease, truth of the matter… It could be more valuable than those. You’ll never know the impact you can have on the future if you don’t throw some effort at it.
Your legacy could be one defining act; maybe an ounce of true wisdom. Or it could also be that you lived your life for success, peace and adventure, that perfect balance. Leaving an example not only for your family, but generations to come.